The new steed..

CJ92

CJ,

Don't get me wrong. I'm not moaning here. Its not that it isn't the car for me. It's just the revelation that this is quite a rapid car and takes me outside my comfort zone of feeling confident about whatever it can chuck at me.

No worries Tony. ;)

Few more pics of mine. As I say driven in all weather's.. 

stephenjames013_zps1b063537.jpg
stephenjames011_zpsdbbe1204.jpg
pooleybridge027_zps0c3ed584.jpg
M135iDetail012_zpsa47b0a38.jpg
M135iDetail010_zpscfdd0fa3.jpg
M135iDetail006_zps2d449414.jpg
wintertyres013_zps69ed7cd6.jpg
winter%20tyres%20009_zps8fdfgb7i.jpg

+++

• 1 year later...

Nice. :cool: I'm very very close to going for one of these. Took a red on red demo out two weeks ago and really liked it. :o 13 years of Type_Rs is the only thing standing in my way at the moment. Well, that, and growing up a bit, and the deposit, and the monthly payments, and the fuel bill.....:roflmao: 

• Like 3

On 09/12/2016 at 10:40 PM, Cuprabob said:

Very nice but I do prefer the colour of your old one which is odd as I'm normally a fan of red cars.

Hope it gives you many happy miles:-) 

Thanks. I do miss the  Mineral Grey especially with the coral leather Interior..

On 09/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, Arch said:

Nice. :cool: I'm very very close to going for one of these. Took a red on red demo out two weeks ago and really liked it. :o 13 years of Type_Rs is the only thing standing in my way at the moment. Well, that, and growing up a bit, and the deposit, and the monthly payments, and the fuel bill.....:roflmao: 

Are you on the 135i/235i/140i/240i FB Group Arch, as I recall someone posting they had been out in a red on red demo some weeks ago.

Obviously you will miss the R but I don't think the 140 will disappoint, the new B58 lump is so good and quite different to the outgoing N55.:)

20 hours ago, S3Bangs said:

Whoop whoop. Fantastic colour that red. That makes two of us on here now CJ. Got mine about two months ago. 

Congrats Tony, how are you finding the B58 lump compared to the N55 in the 135i. Have to say I love it BMW have hit the spot again..+++

You are right Max. I only drive in comfort. :lol::lol:

Fortunately this time I've ventured in to sport mode a couple of times:P

I only got past the bedding in mileage just before I left on holiday so have only 'thrashed' her once.  Think current mileage is about 1280 so....

First impressions. 

Suspension is better, Not as skittish as the pre-lci

Pulls better than the N55 to the red line. You can feel the power is more linear. 

Sound is a little subdued.  Think the previous model was louder. 

Steering feel is better. 

So in summary. Better but not by mind blowingly much. +++

• Like 2